Friday, May 1, 2020

May1,2020

As best as I can recall at age 6 or 7 I developed a vision of what art was. It was a picture that may have started with colouring books. I spent hours and hours colouring being sure that I did each page in order even if I did not particularly like the next page. I soon developed the same way of working with a pads of news print filling pages in order. My vison of my artwork has never really varied from that over the years. I still love to colour, and fill notebooks. There is real joy in the feel of pages filled with the weight and texture of the ink. There is also satisfaction is sticking with a page even if it does not start out well.




1 comment:

  1. I've always been all over the place when it comes to art. I sometimes wish I had taken a more orderly approach like yours. Your work is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Lines

 I have been working to capture a particular line pattern l have seen on some creative instagram posts. I have wanted to develop my own take...