Thursday, April 30, 2020

april 30, 2020

Each page is its own story. I often know little about the story. First thing in the morning I let the pen or pencil simply find its way across the page. Later in the day I may look for a found shape or a stencil to add to the story. A notebook/sketchbook is not a place for some preliminary study it is the finished work itself. (this idea has always rendered my work unmarketable). For this reason I have chosen the path of having a day job to be sure I have had some income. This has made my commitment to my notebooks deeper.

1 comment:

  1. Your commitment to your art shows on every page! I understand not making it your business. I made the same decision because I felt the art should direct me, not the need to create something I was sure would sell.

    ReplyDelete

Lines

 I have been working to capture a particular line pattern l have seen on some creative instagram posts. I have wanted to develop my own take...