Monday, May 11, 2020

May 11, 2020

I had the most lovely Sunday. I sat out in the back yard and coloured. I began a Johanna Basford colouring book. The sun was warm, just a little breezy the dogs were snoozing around me. The drawings are wonderfully detailed and so it was like chatting with an artist with whom I have something in common. It was also a delightful way to simply drift on and through my own thoughts.
I used a ball point pen. The colour choices were simple and for several hours I has free of the hundreds a small choices I make in my own drawings. No matter how much I draw a still take great pleasue in colouring and in the quiet collaboration  with another artist.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice sometimes to use someone else's work to jumpstart your own. Your coloring pages are going to be masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete

Lines

 I have been working to capture a particular line pattern l have seen on some creative instagram posts. I have wanted to develop my own take...