Tuesday, August 27, 2013

the quest


The quest to discover the origin of this notebook as taken me to a lot of places. My first stop was internet archive. If you follow the link, you can see the trade catalogs I looked through. They held hints about notebook size and manufacture but none with the Efficiency trademark. There are companies with imperial in their name but it becomes tricky because the word imperial could refer to paper size or paper type. I also searched for No. 655. This is likely the catalog number for the company that made the book. It was not a lot of help. I searched ebay and pinterest for any similar notebooks. You can see some of my notes in Springpad.

Conclusion: based on similar blank books, and because of the cover material, I think this is from the late 1940'or early 50's. That seems to be a period of time when a lot of paper companies made notebooks with this cover paper. I think the key to the mystery is in the trade mark on the front, so the quest goes on.

For the source of this quest follow this link:quovadisblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lines

 I have been working to capture a particular line pattern l have seen on some creative instagram posts. I have wanted to develop my own take...