Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pen review gone wrong

I was delighted to discover when I arrived home and I had an envelope from JetPens My first pen review,




After dinner I would sit down and start a drawing with my new pen. As we were eating I counted the dogs in the kitchen and the puppy was missing. Too late I returned to the tv room and found the brand new pen had become a wonderful chew toy...aaahhhhhhhhhhh!













What to do? What to review? The wonderful shape, the color, the drawings it might have done? I did the only thing I could think of make it the subject of a drawing.





So before the drawing it nested with its zebra and JetPens cousins.
It almost looked whole.





The wounded pen served as a stencil for the background of the pen portrait.





In the end the the chewer and the chewed settled in for the evening. Perhaps, the next chance I have to review a pen I will be able to tell you how much fun it was to draw with. Thank you JetPens, Belle is sorry, but she liked the chew toy.






-Posted using BlogPress from bonnie jean's iPad :)

5 comments:

  1. bad, bad puppy... but really cool sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh! Sorry it happened but lovely drawings! Also, those Sarasa colours are great, I have quite a few myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got to love them..the smiles and love always seems to turn everything else around..and what a beaut came out of this mishap..loving the drawing..it may sound crazy but looks like a very happy piece of art..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puppies always seem to go for the most loved or important things. Part of their charm? (or something like that). It does look like a pretty pen, and you created a lovely drawing to remember it by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post the wonderful drawing on JetPen's Facebook page and you might be included in their "reader's favorites" and win a gift certificate which you can use to get another pen :-)

    ReplyDelete

Lines

 I have been working to capture a particular line pattern l have seen on some creative instagram posts. I have wanted to develop my own take...