Friday, April 20, 2012

Week's end

This post was delayed due to too many irons in the fire. I have been spending time this week trying to figure out how the web/networking happens. I am entered in a pentel featured artist contest, where people have to vote for my artwork. It looks like I have only built a very small network, not many votes:( http://www.pentel.com/blog/april-featured-artist-contest/. So I am giving myself credit for trying. This week there has also been a giveaway of one of my pens http://lifeimitatesdoodles.blogspot.com/2012/04/new-tangle-pattern-botanical-review.html, I want to thank Sandra for doing this. Whether she knows it or not she has been a great teacher guiding me through making web connections.
Thank you!





- Posted using BlogPress from bonnie jean's iPad :)

6 comments:

  1. You should give yourself more than just credit for trying. You should be so proud of yourself for living art. You're an inspiration and share yourself with every blog post and piece you share. Thank you for being amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had times when I asked people to help with a vote and sometime the response was tremendous and sometimes hardly anyone responded. You just never know. This time of the year many people are out gardening instead of surfing so numbers are lower for everything.

    Networks do take time to build--but I've certainly found it to be tremendously rewarding!

    Thank you for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great Bonnie! I think it's great you entered and the piece you submitted looks wonderful. Don't worry, the voting can hit or miss.

    Actually, I visited the Pentel site and I wish they made the voting a bit more intuitive! The format they have is a bit strange, I think it is doing the artists featured a bit of a disservice.

    If I could make one suggestion, I would hyperlink the links to the contests on your blog page. It will make it easy to re-direct anyone that visits your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gentian, I am not sure how to create a hyperlink but I will figure it out and do it.:)

      Delete
    2. you need to get on Face book Bonnie. I know a few of my contacts voted when I posted the link and asked them nicely too :)

      Delete

Lines

 I have been working to capture a particular line pattern l have seen on some creative instagram posts. I have wanted to develop my own take...