Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What do you want from your art?

I saw this question posed yesterday on a tweet and I realized that I had never really thought about it. It is a a question that has changing answers. For a long time I have thought it was enough to make the art work and then the magic artwork fairy would come down and pluck me up and the crowds of people would want to buy the drawings and the business of art would make and manage itself. But now I have a small web presence I have some clarity about were my work is in big world.and then I look at my choices and maybe making the work is enough and that I am ok with having a day job and not ever developing business skills....and the day job calls.....


- Posted using BlogPress from bonnie jean's iPad :)

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie I used my 'web presence' to great effect a couple of years ago (fiber art world) and made a little money at it, but it really took time, so much time to make a couple of hundred a week.
    I do think , though, in the world of art, that you could do a few prints(or list and print when bought), and have no expectations, and be pleasantly surprised when you do sell something. I think not many can do away with the day job!

    ReplyDelete

Lines

 I have been working to capture a particular line pattern l have seen on some creative instagram posts. I have wanted to develop my own take...